[Nek5000-users] Interpolation between two meshes

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 29 07:58:25 CDT 2017

Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

1. Yes, my source field is in double precision since I need to keep the accuracy.

2. I added several print lines in gfldr.f to check where the interpolation hangs (see below). I also put 'call nekgsync()' before and after findpts as you suggested. I can confirm that findpts is exactly where the interpolation hangs. The last output in the logfile is 'CHECK interp findpts before' and it never gets updated again.

3. I've just tested gfldr() with turbChannel example. Everything worked fine and the source field was interpolated onto the turbChannel mesh (512 elements). So I moved on increasing the number of elements of turbChannel case.

First, I used 234300 elements in the turbChannel example (half of my current simulation size) and the interpolation was done successfully. Then, I used 468600 elements for the turbChannel example (similar to my current simulation size), the interpolation hangs again at findpts.

I guess it might be something to do with the memory. What do you think? Is there any solution to this?

Best regards,
Tony

        if(nid==0) print*,'CHECK interp findpts before'
        call nekgsync()
        call findpts(inth_gfldr,
     &               rcode,1,
     &               proc,1,
     &               elid,1,
     &               rst,ndim,
     &               dist,1,
     &               xm1,1,
     &               ym1,1,
     &               zm1,1,ntot)
        call nekgsync()
        if(nid==0) print*,'CHECK interp findpts after'