[Nek5000-users] Project a solution onto a polynomial space

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 28 13:27:11 CDT 2017

Dear all,

Thank you for your responses. I've taken some time to think about your comments and I have some more questions:

Paul: Are you suggesting to represent the moments on the 2*M grid and not project it back onto the original space? I am assuming this means that the moments would be in the space of polynomials of order 2*N. Am I understanding correctly?

Aleks: You talk about truncating to polyn. order < lx1. Would this have the same effect as projecting onto the original space? Also, is the "cut_off_filter" subroutine the correct way to implement this?

Thanks,

Juan Diego