[Nek5000-users] Project a solution onto a polynomial space

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 22 16:50:51 CDT 2017

Hi Philipp,

I guess to answer your question: we are not sure if de-aliasing is needed, and my impression was that it is only needed for computation, since non-dealiased terms would contaminate the solution, but not so much for post-processing. But to be certain: we wanted to do both approaches and compare. It is very likely we will come to the same conclusions as you did long time ago.

I do not believe we were planning to increase the polynomial order at this point, but we might consider it if it is necessary for accurate higher-order statistics.

Best regards,
Yulia