[Nek5000-users] Project a solution onto a polynomial space

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 21 21:08:03 CDT 2017

Hello,

I need to compute some non-linear quantities as part of a post-processing procedure. Because they are non-linear, I will need to do some kind of dealiasing. So far, I know how to map the velocity field onto a finer grid (higher polynomial order) to compute the non-linear quantities. However, I don't know how to project the resulting field onto the original polynomial space.

Note, I want to find the "projection" onto the original space, but not the "interpolation".

Thanks,

Juan Diego