[Nek5000-users] turbChannel example

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 21 20:07:26 CDT 2017

Hi Marco,

For the gradient model, you can use gradm1() subroutine to calculate the
gradient of vx, vy, and vz individually and then the implementation is
straightforward.
For the turbChannel example check for the grid (genbox) and the Reynolds
number used, such that it matches the paper., param(2) in negative is
basically the inverse of dynamic viscosity. So, a properly defined scale,
to generate the Reynolds number relationship for you. Eg, if your bulk flow
streamwise velocity is 1, and the channel half width is 1, then Re_Delta =
param(2), (Reynolds number based on half channel width). The relationship
between Re_tau and Re_delta, can be found from Dean's correlation, that is
provided in the seminal paper of Kim and Moin (1987) for DNS of Re_tau =
180.

Best Regards,
Tanmoy