[Nek5000-users] usrdat2 userchk

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 16 15:39:02 CDT 2017

Hello Neks,
Does the code go into usrdat2 and modify the geometry first or does it go
into userchk first? I initialize the passive scalar field at istep=0

i am running simulation with three passive scalars modifying  conj_ht
example. To save computational cost I run the fluid simulation and setting
the IC of passive scalars to be zero and switching off the advection, so it
remains zero and simulation runs quickly.
  T     IFHEAT
  T     IFTRAN
  T F F F F F F F F F F IFNAV & IFADVC (convection in P.S. fields)
  F F T T T F F F F F F F IFTMSH (IF mesh for this field is T mesh)

After the simulation reach steadystate, I use the final fld file to start
the passive scalar computations
I have the following in userchk, where the initial conditions are imposed
when istep=0
      if(istep.eq.0) then
       x = xm1(i,1,1,1)
       y = ym1(i,1,1,1)
       R1 = sqrt(x*x+y*y)
       if((R1.le.Ro).and.(R1.ge.Ri)) then
           t(i,1,1,1,3)  =  fr*y/R1*
(sin(2.0*pi*z/4.0)+sin(2.0*2.0*pi*z/4.0))

I scale the domain in usrdat2 as following:
      call rescale_x(xm1,-8.0,8.0)
      call rescale_x(ym1,-8.0,8.0)

Thank you in advance
Sincerely,