[Nek5000-users] Azimutal velocity on axisymmetric simulation

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 1 16:32:41 CST 2017

Hi all,

I have been running an axisymmetric case for some time now tricking the
temperature array into storing azimutal velocity data (IFHEAT T, IFAZIV
T). Right now, I have an initial condition on "temperature" of 1.0E-12
so that it is not zero and the results I have been getting are not
consistent in a way where I can run the same case (same ".rea", same
".usr", same "SIZE") and get two very different results for the
"temperature" field: either it diverges very quickly (around 30th time
step) and shows "Inf" or it stays at around 1.0E-12 with some minor
perturbations for the rest of the simulation. Just to be clear, simply
stopping the simulation and re-running it from t=0 will "switch" between
those two results.

Any advice will be appreciated,
MViturro