[Nek5000-users] Convergence problem in 2D square cylinder

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 13 16:10:16 CST 2017

Hi Victor,

Do you get any improvement by decreasing dt (.i.e. timstep) in the .rea
file or playing around with the order of temporal scheme (TORDER) ?.
You can introduce some filtering, through parameters 101 and 103, which
would mimic the effects of artificial viscosity. You can read more about
the filtering by carefully reading the subroutine  q_filter(wght) from the
file navier5.f. If you really want to go through the artificial viscosity
procedure in its literal sense, you can modify the subroutine uservp() (You
can go through the example in turbChannel to see how to make modifications)
and set param(30) = 1.

Best Regards,
Tanmoy