[Nek5000-users] gradient of temperature in conj_ht

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 5 12:40:54 CST 2017

Hi Sandeep,

My guess is that prepost/outpost is not writing the vector field in the solid elements.

Using outpost in this manner, which in fact is what I would suggest, the code does
not realize that you are writing a field that should be nonzero in the solid.

I'll try to think of a work around.   One quick one that might work:

      nelf = nelv  ! Save number of fluid elements
      nelfld(1) = nelt
      nelv = nelt
      call outpost(tx,ty,tz,pr,t,'gdt')
      nelv = nelf
      nelfld(1) = nelf

... this might be sufficient to trigger all the flags that prepost may look for.

Paul