[Nek5000-users] Update on axisymmetric jet problem

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 15 04:58:45 CST 2017

Dear Nek users,

Just to give some more information on the problem I mentioned some days
ago (down below is the original message), here is some more data:

- One of the boundary conditions is periodically oscillating velocity.

- If I remove the axisymmetric conditions, that being:

    · IFHEAT F
    · IFAXIS F
    · IFAZIV F

and simply run it as a 2D example, it seems to run just fine.

- Extremely high values of artificial viscosity (1.0000000E+00     p103)
will make it run longer, but it ends up crashing as well.

- Even when it runs for some seconds (before crashing), log file keeps
giving this kind of error messages:

     19565   100 **ERROR**: Failed in HMHOLTZ: PRES   6.2650E+00
8.4054E+01   1.0000E-06

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

MViturro