[Nek5000-users] Problem in writing vector field in solid elements (conjugate)

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 10 12:14:51 CST 2017

Dear All,

I want to write a 3D vector field using outpost. The 3D vector field covers
both solid and fluid.
As suggested by Paul in an earlier post of mine, I added the following in
the usr file. It works fine for 2D geometry but not 3D. I use the conjugate
module, where NELV < NEL

     if ((mod(istep,iostep).eq.0).and.(istep.ge.iostep)) then
  nelf = nelv  ! Save number of fluid elements
nelfld(1) = nelt
nelv = nelt
        call outpost(b1(1,1,1,1,1),b1(1,1,1,1,2),b1(1,1,1,1,3)
     $   ,pr,t,'mag')
nelv = nelf
nelfld(1) = nelf
   endif

The vector field is being written correctly in the fluid domain (3D) and is
written zero in the solid domain (3D).
Can someone suggest a fix for this.
Thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely,