[Nek5000-users] Different velocity values in different 'v' inlets

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Dec 31 12:34:36 CST 2017

Hi all,

I'm trying to simulate a shear-layer which involves two different jets
emerging at different velocities. The simulation is 2D for now. The width
of the first jet extends from y=0.0 to y=1.0 and the second extends from
y=1.0 to y=3.0

I generated a mesh using genbox with 'v' BCs for both inlets.

In the .usr file I have the following form for usrbc

 subroutine userbc (ix,iy,iz,iside,ieg)
c     NOTE ::: This subroutine MAY NOT be called by every process
      include 'SIZE'
      include 'TOTAL'
      include 'NEKUSE'
      if (ym1(i,j,k,e).lt.1) then
          ux=10.0
      elseif (ym1(i,j,k,e).gt.1) then
          ux=1.0
      endif
      ux=1.0
      uy=0.0
      uz=0.0
      temp=0.0
      return
      end

As you can see I try assigning ux = 10.0 and 1.0 to the different zones.
However the results show a uniform value of 1.0 across both the inlets.
What am I missing here?

Sincerely,
--

*Amitvikram Dutta*