[Nek5000-users] Set gradient and/or pressure at outlet

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 26 23:00:13 CST 2017

Dear Juan Pablo,

If you are doing a Boussinesq approximation with an open boundary you probably need to subtract off the hydrostatic mode from the pressure, given that pressure in that case is far from uniform in the vertical.

Please see:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~fischer/users.pdf

eqs. (13) and (17) for an example of how to do this.

The key is to have the "pressure" variable be close to uniform at outflow.

Paul