[Nek5000-users] Reynolds number setting in the turbChannel example

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 22 09:18:09 CST 2017

One additional comment ---

I generally find PnPn to do a better job of LES than PnPn-2, presumably because of the better accuracy for pressure.

Also, interestingly, you can look both at integrated tau_wall and at mean dp/dx for the LES.  Generally, these are in better agreement for PnPn (based on my past experience...)

If you are running constant flow rate (p54/55 nonzero)  then

grep volf logfile > t.t

and plot col 3 of t.t vs col 1 of t.t will show the mean pressure drop, assuming that the body force set in userf is == 0.

I apologize that the volf line does not also show the time, but only the time step number.

(We should correct that...)

Paul