[Nek5000-users] DIV(V)-QTL too large!

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 21 09:51:25 CST 2017

You'll get this warning because the error in divergence is larger than 1e-2.
Typically the error depends strongly on the spatial resolution but also on other things e.g. step size dt, solver tolerances, boundary conditions ...

In your case it looks like the error decays rapidly in time. I guess this is because of your your initial condition? What error levels do you see after a couple of hundred steps?