[Nek5000-users] pipe turbulence

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Dec 11 12:48:51 CST 2017

actually, I would recommend a tripping as described in Schlatter and
Orlu (JFM 2012) and Vinuesa et al. (J. Turbulence 2014). Alternatives
are of course random initial conditions (but be careful with the choice
of axial/azimuthal scales!), or potentially the synthetic eddy method.

Single phase turbulent pipe flow is possible in Nek5000, see e.g. the
paper El Khoury et al. (Flow Turbulence and Combustion, 2013).

Philipp