[Nek5000-users] Outputting to 2d VTK using Postnek

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 6 13:47:15 CST 2017

Hi, all:

I have run into problems using postnek/postex to convert simulation output
to VTK format for 2d simulations (3d simulations work fine). I have tested
this using the eddy_uv example from the NekExamples directory. When using
postex, I use the option "DUMP vtk ALL", which produces the attached VTK
output. It seems that the grid point position information is incorrect.

Also, I have looked through the postnek functions in trap.f and it seems
that VTK cell information (CELLS, CELL_TYPES) is omitted for 2d cases. Is
there a way to output this information for 2d results?

Perhaps there is something I am overlooking? Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Taiyo