[Nek5000-users] hpts for vorticity field

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 5 10:08:40 CST 2017

Dear Sandeep,

Please take a look at hemi.usr in the nekexamples repo.

There is a routine interp_v()  that returns the interpolated

velocity field at a user-prescribed set of points.  You could

easily modify this routine to pass in vorticity and interpolate

that (or any other scalar or vector field).

Please note that you should not duplicate interrogation points

on multiple processors (i.e., each processor should have a

unique set of points, xyz();  one possible configuration is that

MPI rank 0 has a list of points of length n and the other ranks

have a list of length 0;  this approach is valid if the length of the

list is not too large).

hth,

Paul