[Nek5000-users] Reflections on outlet

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 23 11:59:04 CDT 2017

Dear Neks,

I'm simulating a vertical heated plate in an open domain. When the flux is
leaving the domain through the top face I get a reflection. I've tried to
simulate adding more distance from the tip of the plate to the top face,
but a vortex appears and when it tries to leave sometimes the code explodes
and sometimes, I get a reflection again.

Turb_outflow subroutine is not working for me. I think it is because I have
multiple outlets. The "ON" bc is not helping either.

Has anyone implemented a convective bc like Dong's (2014) or the
"stabilized O bc" mentioned in this thread:
https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/nek5000-users/2016-March/003684.html ?

Any suggestion is welcomed.
Thanks in advance.

Juan Pablo.