[Nek5000-users] Converting Mesh using exo2nek

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 17 15:58:58 CDT 2017

Thank you for the response. I am trying to compare the rea file generated
through ICEM>Cubit>exo2nek>re2torea to a rea file I created using genbox
with the same geometry. The simulation I would like to run is more complex
than what I am working with now, so I wanted to make sure the mesh
conversion would work first. I have been struggling to convert an ICEM mesh
to a nek mesh while maintaining boundary conditions and curvature. I ran a
quick test where I ran reatore2 with a complete rea file then converted
this re2 file back to a rea file for comparison When I do this, all of the
boundary conditions are maintained. So it appears that my problem is
occurring in exo2nek.

The README file in exo2nek says that it does not do conjugate heat transfer
or periodic boundary conditions, but it looks like it should be able to
handle thermal boundary conditions. The fluid boundary conditions from the
re2 file seem to be created appropriately with the side set numbers in the
fifth column. So it looks like my mesh that I input into exo2nek is causing
the problem or something in exo2nek that is causing my problem. Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again,

Tommy