[Nek5000-users] Converting Mesh using exo2nek

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 17 13:24:35 CDT 2017

Hi All,

I have created a 3d mesh using ICEM, exported it as a Hex20 mesh, read that
into Cubit where BCs are applied to the side sets and the mesh is converted
to Hex27. I then run exo2nek on this mesh and get an re2 file. When I run
re2torea, I get the following error:

ABORT: EOF found while reading Annulus-Hex27-Cubit.re2

When I check the new rea file the last line is the Thermal Boundary
Conditions header with no data to follow.

It seems that my exo file from Cubit is not providing enough information to
exo2nek for a complete re2 file to be made. Does anyone have any
suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Tommy