[Nek5000-users] Linearised Navier Stokes

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 10 08:01:39 CDT 2017

Hi Philipp,

     Can you please outline the procedure to be followed for
calculating the perturbed velocity and temperature field based on the
following information.

    I have a 3d annulus domain with vertical gravity pointing downward
and temperature gradient in the radial direction.
This leads to a base flow about which I have to linearize the problem.
Please let me know how to include the information of the base flow and
base temperature gradient into the perturbation calculations.

Thank you
Swarandeep