[Nek5000-users] Reading boundary condition from an external file

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 24 10:21:38 CDT 2017

Hi,

  I am supposed to carry out a simulation where I have to use
the flow profile at the outflow boundary of the first computational
domain as the inflow condition for the second domain. The first domain
consists of a cylinder and the second domain is empty. Consequently,
the meshes in the two situations are different. The study will help
us in understanding the far wake characteristics of a bluff body. I checked
the Nek archives and found a thread on similar topic. At that time,
however, it was concluded that carrying out this exercise on parallel
is quite challenging (at least this is what I understood from the thread).

I would like to know if there has been any development in this direction?
Or is there some trick that I can do to achieve this?

Many thanks,

N.