[Nek5000-users] Drag calculation and mass flow rate with angled meshes

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 23 07:25:01 CDT 2016

Paul,

Thank you for the explanation of the impact on the quality of the simulation due to domain shear. I am actually planning to investigate this more in detail. Are there any books, articles, etc. that you might suggest, that elaborate on the effect of mesh/ domain distortion on the solution quality and error, for spectral element codes, in general, and maybe, NEK5000 in particular?

Best,

Pradyumna