[Nek5000-users] How to assembly different geometry

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 31 07:00:42 CDT 2016

Thank you very much. My .box file is now working.

Next question: How can I include the box information into my rea file?

  **MESH DATA** 1st line is X of corner 1,2,3,4. 2nd line is Y.
        308         2       308 NEL,NDIM,NELV

That's what I have I so far, but It doesn't have any information about
the elements.

Thank you,

Alessandro

Il 31/10/16 01:47, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov ha scritto:
> Hi Alessandro,
>
> I believe the problem with the box file that you pasted is that the boundary conditions are not of required length. Each boundary condition must be exactly 3 characters long, and the first boundary conditions that you specified for Box 4,5,6 and 7 is 4 characters long.
>
> Deleting one character from those empty boundary conditions makes them of the right length, and genbox runs fine after that.
>
> Ketan

Dr Alessandro Alla

Florida State University
Department of Scienfitic Computing