[Nek5000-users] Failure when changing geometry in usrdat2

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 24 02:47:44 CDT 2016

Hello Paul,
thanks for offering to help. I actually found the error while cleaning up the .usr file before sending it: a subroutine i called in userf produced NaNs for certain coordinates which did not appear in the undeformed case. Additionally, i learned that 0*NaN is still NaN, quite important if one wants to deactivate forcings by multiplying them with zero.

Cheers,
Jan