[Nek5000-users] Grid to Grid interpolation

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 18 08:24:34 CDT 2016

Dear Neks,

I'm having a bit problem with grid to grid interpolation.

The g2gi worked well with my earlier case when I interpolated my flow field (300000 elements with 7th order polynomial) to a new geometry (800000 elements with 7th order polynomial). Now I'm interpolating another flow field (300000 elements with 9th order polynomial) to a new geometry (400000 elements with 9th order polynomial), however the interpolation hangs at the stage 'call findpts' and never moves on.

I'm wondering what could cause the interpolation to hang at 'findpts'. I do have more grid points to handle in the new case but I also increased number of processors when running the case. Does anyone have idea on this issue? Or is there any parameter I forgot to tune for my new case?

Looking forward to any comments. Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Tony