[Nek5000-users] Integrate velocity field along a line

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 10 08:41:58 CDT 2016

Hi Arnold,

You have to decide which faces of elements belong to the boundary --- but here
is a code that would integrate over all surfaces with "v  " boundary conditions
that you could us as an example.

Paul

      common /mystuff/ v2(lx1*ly1*lz1*lelt)
      integer e,f

      n = nx1*ny1*nz1*nelt

      do i=1,n
         v2(i)=vx(i,1,1,1)**2+vy(i,1,1,1)**2+vz(i,1,1,1)**2
      enddo

      v2surf = 0
      do e=1,nelv    ! Integrate over all surfaces with cbc='v  '
      do f=1,2*ndim
         if (cbc(f,e,1).eq.'v  ') v2surf=v2surf+facint_v(v,area,f,e)
      enddo
      enddo

      v2surf = glsum(v2surf,1) ! Sum across all processors

Note that "area" is passed in the TOTAL common block, which I assume
you are including in the routine.