[Nek5000-users] Error reading domains with 3072 elements in Postnek

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 30 02:51:41 CST 2016

Hi Neks,

I have been having trouble reading my domain with 3 Scalars, having 3072
elements in Postnek. The same domain can be however read without the
Scalars. Also the same domain with lesser elements, like 768, can be read
fine with/without scalars.

I am getting this kind of an error in the terminal.

postx
window width and/or height > MAX_WINDOWW/H!
-*-Helvetica-Medium-R-Normal--*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
 NEKTON Version   2.6
Enter Session Name --Default= g40cond_as
 Beginning Session g40cond_as
 renaming SESSION.NAME <http://session.name/> SESSION.NAME
<http://session.name/>~
 Session name: g40cond_as
 renaming g40cond_as.plt01                         g40cond_as.plt01~
 LTRUNC: string:          28
Tue Oct 11 15:13:33 PDT 2016
 Reading geometry from g40cond_as
                            .rea
XYZ Min,Max:
  -40.0000       40.0000
  -40.0000       40.0000
   0.00000       1.00000
        3072        3017           1  TRYING TO READ BC
        3072        3072           2  TRYING TO READ BC
        3072        3072           3  TRYING TO READ BC
        3072        3072           4  TRYING TO READ BC
        3072        3072           5  TRYING TO READ BC
 LTRUNC: string:          80
 E  E  I  E  E  I  E  E  I  E  E  E  E  I  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E
 E  E
 LTRUNC: string:          80
 E  E  I  E  E  I  E  E  I  E  E  E  E  I  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E
 E  E
 LTRUNC: string:          80
 E  E  I  E  E  I  E  E  I  E  E  E  E  I  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E
 E  E

 this is iffmat: F   6.0000000
 E  E  I  E  E  I  E  E  I  E  E  E  E  I  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E
 E  E
 E  E  I  E  E  I  E  E  I  E  E  E  E  I  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E
 E  E

 opening file:          80   E  E  I  E  E  I  E  E  I  E  E  E  E  I  E  E
 E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E
 this is param(66):   6.0000000
 LTRUNC: string:          80
 E  E  I  E  E  I  E  E  I  E  E  E  E  I  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E
 E  E
WARNING:  Could not open file.
 E  E  I  E  E  I  E  E  I  E  E  E  E  I  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E
 E  E
 ** ERROR **  Can't open file g40cond_as.his

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Saikat.

Saikat Mukherjee,