[Nek5000-users] Autosphere's radius

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 17 10:09:09 CST 2016

Hi Jacob,

Yes - you can change the radius.   I find it best to convert mid-side node defs to circles first,
before doing any modifications.  It seems that some of preneks operations are not fully
compatible with the mid side node definitions at present.  Here is a script that resizes and
otherwise modifies a circle.    Note that "one2d.rea" should be any 2D .rea file with a single element.
(I've attached one here.)

pretex << EOF

c3

   1 READ PREVIOUS PARAMETERS

one2d

   1 BUILD FROM FILE

one2d

   5 DELETE ELEMENT

   4 CURVE SIDES

   5 Autosphere

2 3  Enter number of elements in core and shell:

0.66 Enter ratio in outer shell:

   8 Convert Midside to Circle

1000 Input maxium radius:

   1 BUILD MENU

   3 GLOBAL REFINE

  11 STRETCH

   5 Stretch R

   3 Input expansion factor ( =< 0 to abort):

   1 UP MENU

   8 OCT/Multi-SPLIT

q    quad or multi-split? (q/m)

y    Are you sure you want to split (y/n)?

   1 END GLOBAL REFINE

   4 CURVE SIDES

   8 Convert Midside to Circle

1000 Input maxium radius:

   1 BUILD MENU

   3 GLOBAL REFINE

   7 REPLICATE/ROTATE

3    Rep. (1), Rot. (2), Rep/Rot (3) Template (4)? (0=abort)

90   Input rotation angle (deg):

3    Input number of reps (e.g., 1 --> double mesh size)

  13 Clean up vertices

   1 END GLOBAL REFINE

   1 END    ELEMENTS

   1 ACCEPT MATL,QVOL