[Nek5000-users] A problem in Prenek

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 8 15:32:25 CST 2016

Hi Saikat,

I think this is what is expected. If we look at postpro.f in nek’s source code (subroutine gen_rea_bc), there are 4 different formats in which the boundary conditions will be written depending on the element count.
In your case, since the element count is greater than 1000 but less than 100,000, we expect the format to be: first 4 character spaces for boundary condition, next 5 characters for element number, 1 character for edge/face number depending on 2d/3d and so on. As a result, your boundary condition line shows as:

 E   30724   2731.00       2.00000       0.00000       0.00000       0.00000

Thanks,
Ketan