[Nek5000-users] How to put cyclic BCs in a .rea file...

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 3 14:37:35 CDT 2016

Dear genmap author,

if I recall correctly genmap figured that out somehow. It was always magic
to me but it worked ;)

Cheers,
Stefan

Von:  <nek5000-users-bounces at lists.mcs.anl.gov> on behalf of
<nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov>
Antworten an:  <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov>
Datum:  Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 10:24 PM
An:  "nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov" <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov>
Betreff:  [Nek5000-users]   How to put cyclic BCs in a .rea file...

For those of you who have used the cyclic BC, how do you normally specify
the periodic
connectivity in the .rea file ?

Do you first feed it a regular mesh and then morph the geometry to have the
desired
curvature?

Otherwise I don't see how genmap would figure out the proper periodicity.

Thanks!

Paul

(genmap author....)

Nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov