[Nek5000-users] Problem running on more than 4 proc

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 18 04:02:05 CDT 2016

Hi neks,
I'm trying to run some little DNS of a temporal mixing layer using the
low-mach formulation in nek5000. I have used the lowMach_test example as a
template for my run directory, but I'm really struggling to understand why
it seems to work fine only on 4 (or less) proc. while on 5 (or more) it
accumulates errors in the velocity field until the blow-up.
I tried both openmpi and mpich, but I got the same results on two different
linux version (ubuntu 12. and OpenSuse 13).
Could you please give me some indications?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Pasquale

Pasquale Eduardo Lapenna
PhD student
'La Sapienza' University of Rome
Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering