[Nek5000-users] convective boundary conditions

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 10 00:21:10 CST 2016

Because you impose a divergence in the last layer of elements, it emulates an acceleration (or suction) only in that last layer of elements without affecting the rest of your domain.

The effect the two produce is similar in the sense that it ensure that turbulent vortices don't recirculate back into your domain through the outflow boundary.

Regards

Goran