[Nek5000-users] symmetry boundary conditions and genmap

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 30 07:46:39 CDT 2016

Hello,

I have two rea files that are exactly identical but for the boundary conditions: one has ‘W’ and the other one has ‘SYM’. If I am not mistaken, the ‘SYM’ boundary type is supported by Nek5000 but is causing problem when I try to generate a map file with genmap. It returns the following error message:
 reading .rea file data ...
  ERROR: error reading    1       79200      299357
  aborting 530 in routine rdbdry.

           1  quit

The rea file with ‘W’ boundary type successfully goes through the genmap script. Is there anything I should be aware when setting SYM bc type in the rea file?

I could not find any related post in the archive of the mailing list.

Thanks,
Marco