[Nek5000-users] Restarting with PNPN using PNPN-2 results

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 13 14:31:08 CDT 2016

Hi,

In principle, you can do a Navier-Stokes restart without pressure field.
For PnPn-2 you can for instance do one step with Uzawa (nested
iterations) to have a good pressure. So usually, when we do a restart of
a solution wi
thout pressure (e.g. when doing Arnoldi or Newton) then one Uzawa step
fixes everything. I am not too familiar with PnPn, but I guess that
there is a flavour that is not dependent on a previous pressure
solution. Perhaps a PnPn-expert has some opinion on a Uzawa-like method?

Best regards,
Philipp