[Nek5000-users] lambda2 in turbChannel

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 13 10:01:36 CDT 2016

You can run nek5000 in postprocessing mode (set NSTEPS = 0). Then in
userchk, you can do the following

     INCLUDE ’SIZE’
     INCLUDE ’TOTAL’
     INCLUDE ’RESTART’

     character*80 filename(9999)
     real l2(lx1,ly1,lz1,lelv)

     ntot   = nx1*ny1*nz1*nelv

        call load_ fld(filename)  ! select a filename fld file of your
choice.
        call lambdat2(l2)

        call outpost(.vx,vy,vz,pr,l2,'lam')
     enddo

If your file is say turbChannel.fld015, the postprocessing will generate,
lamturbChannel.fld01. You can type in visnek lamturbChannel in the terminal
and then open visit and visualize the temperature variable. That will your
l2.

Best Regards,
Tanmoy