[Nek5000-users] WSS on several processors

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 11 11:58:21 CDT 2016

Hi Andrew,

torq_calc (which also computes drag as a byproduct) will generate integral quantities over several
objects.

So, you could have (say) the upper and lower wall as two separate objects, and you can get the
drag on each.   This amounts to 2 vector quantities (3 numbers each:  fx,fy,fz) at each time step
and is written out by node 0.

It sounds like you are asking for something different, e.g., the wall shear stress as a function of
position --- that requires a bit more sophistication but is certainly accessible.

What are you looking for?

Best, Paul