[Nek5000-users] lid driven cavity

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 18 19:07:26 CST 2016

Hi Neks,

I'm trying to solve a simple 2D cavity problem with Nek and I've got the
following error:

EXIT: E INVALID BC FOUND in genfast         64

  * For your info here is the genbox script I used for the mesh:

test5.rea
2                         spatial dimension
1                         number of fields
#
#=======================================================================
#
box_1                     1st character .ne. "c" or "C"
-8  -8  1                 nelx,nely,nelz
0   1  1            x_0  x_Nelx  ratio
0   1  1
W  ,W  ,W  ,w             V bc's  ! west,east,south,north,bottom,top

  * Also, this is the userbc part in user file:

c-----------------------------------------------------------------------
       subroutine userbc (ix,iy,iz,iside,ieg)
       include 'SIZE'
       include 'TSTEP'
       include 'INPUT'
       include 'NEKUSE'

       ux=1.
       uy=0.

       return
       end

This should be a straightforward problem but am not sure which part I'm
getting wrong. Any advice is appreciated. Hopefully, I can make a sample
tutorial for this well-known problem and share with new comers.

Thanks,
Saleh