[Nek5000-users] Can nek do this?

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 23 05:45:34 CST 2016

Hi Rif,

You want to use ux, uy and uz (if 3D).

For example, if Omega = (0 , 0 , omega), you would set

            omega = whatever

            ffx = 2*uy*omega
            ffy = -2*ux*omega
            ffz = 0

in userf.

ux,uy,uz are user interface values.   In userbc and useric, they are set by the user.
They may also be _read_ by the user, since they are assigned the vx(i,j,k,e), vy(i,j,k,e),
and vz(i,j,k,e) values prior to the call, point by point.   The same holds for userq and
userf --- values are set prior and read after.   If the routine/call under consideration is
looking for values of vx (say, on an inflow boundary in the case of userbc), then the user
sets ux and this value is loaded into vx by Nek.

hth,

Paul