[Nek5000-users] issue

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 3 11:53:24 CST 2016

hi NEKS

i have to solve a steady state problem for flow through an axisymmetric
channel.
This is my problem which i have to solve: I have the initial conditions
(temperature and velocity) which is for turbulent flow and the exit
condition(pressure). the system transitions to laminar and reaches steady
state over heating. Thus variations are due to temperature and not the time
making the system steady state.
 Is it possible to do it using NEK500? does it have to timescaling involved
considering nek5000 can only solve for unsteady state NS equations

i really appreciate your help and i m desperate

Confused coder