[Nek5000-users] Problem using genmap with large numbers of elements

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 22 19:10:06 CST 2016

I looked at the genmap issue, and I am quite sure that the fix is to
simply comment out the lines

c         if(nelt.ge.1000000.and.cbl(f,e).eq.'P  ')
c     $     call copyi4(bl(1,f,e),buf(5),1) !Integer ...

as suggested also in the pdf on github,
https://github.com/Nek5000/Nek5000/issues/125. The reason is that
buf(5),buf(6) contain the element number as a real*8, so no conversion
is needed. Therefore, all went ok up to about 2.5M elements, because
then 4 bytes were sufficient to store the float.
The corresponding lines for wdsizi=4 should remain, though.

Philipp