[Nek5000-users] Problem using genmap with large numbers of elements

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 21 15:21:37 CST 2016

Dear Nek Users,
We are about to set up a new case with about 29692 in 2D, which we
would like to extrude to about 150 elements in 3D, giving a total of
about 30k times 150 = 4.5M elements. n2to3 works fine, but genmap
gives a "periodic mismatch error". Having a lower number of extrusion
elements, say 30k times 70 = 2.1M elements, works fine. Changing the
tolerance in genmap does not fix it.

Before diving into the code of n2to3 and genmap, we wanted to ask
whether somebody has experienced that before, and whether you'd know a
potential fix for the problem.

We used both an older version of genmap and the latest github version.

Thanks a lot!
Ricardo