[Nek5000-users] Multiple Restart Files

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 22 12:28:41 CDT 2016

Hi,

Sometimes I run into issues when Nek can't load the restart file that is
specified in the .rea file. I'm not exactly sure why this is the case, but
it's possible that the outputs are corrupted.

Is it possible to specify multiple restart files in .rea i.e.:

 2 PRESOLVE/RESTART OPTIONS  *****
restart0.f00001
restart0.f00002

or do something equivalent so I can specify a backup restart file in case
the first one is not readable? It's a non-issue if I'm running it on a
system I own, but on queued systems, it's painful to resubmit the job and
wait because of this issue.

Please let me know if this is possible or there are other ways to read
multiple restart files.

Sincerely,
Kento