[Nek5000-users] Spectral method with Nek

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 2 14:25:50 CDT 2016

The number of MPI ranks, P,  is <= E, the number elements.

In the E=1 case you can use only one mpi rank.

Also, no guarantees that, as a spectral code, E=1 would be faster than an equivalent
number of spectral element points given that the code is optimized for the multi element case.

The bottom line, however, is that E=1 corresponds to a spectral method.