[Nek5000-users] Running NekExamples

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 2 10:06:13 CDT 2016

Hello,

I am trying to run a standalone Nek5000 Example. I have Nek5000 installed
and I am following the Examples instructions from
https://github.com/Nek5000/NekExamples

When I try to run any particular example, using:

python -m 'unittest' NekTests.ConjHt

I face two issues:

1) It looks like some Nek5000 files keep getting rebuilt each time I
execute the above command, even if they have been built before.

2) I always get an error:

Successfully compiled nek5000!
Running nek5000...
    Using command "~/github/NekExamples/conj_ht/nek5000"
    Using working directory "~/github/NekExamples/conj_ht"
    Using .rea file "conj_ht"
    Could not remove ~/github/NekExamples/conj_ht/conj_ht.sch: [Errno 2] No
such file or directory: '~/github/NekExamples/conj_ht/conj_ht.sch'
Could not successfully run nek5000! Caught error: [Errno 2] No such file or
directory

I tried looking through the Makefiles and the Python script but cannot see
where the sch file is specified. Also, I tried creating a dummy sch file so
that the build can find and remove it, but that didn't work either.

Please advise on how I can resolve the errors.

Thanks,
K.N.Ramachandran
Ph: 814-441-4279