[Nek5000-users] Post-processing with Python

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 29 10:31:56 CDT 2015

Hi JC,

Right now, there are two reasons to consider using nek-analyze:
 1) You need to do something complicated and would rather do that in python
(due to experience, library support, etc)
 2) Your data is big enough that you want to avoid loading it all into
memory
If neither of those applies, then you're better off userchk post-processing
within Nek.  If you're interested mostly in (2), I can try to help with the
python.  If you're interested in (1) but not so much (2), you can probably
cannibalize some of my tools (the file reader, for example).

Max