[Nek5000-users] Elsasser subroutines in the MHD solver

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 30 10:44:36 CDT 2015

Hi Jan,

Yes, kinematic dynamo is achieved in the examples/mhd/ test which demonstrates it for Galloway-Proctor flow.

Elsasser formulation is used only for the non-linear (time-explicit) terms and after the time-dicretization, two decoupled Stokes problems are solved for u (ifield=1) and B (ifield=ifldmhd) separately so you should use ifield in forcing of userf accordingly (as in the mhd example)

As far the pseudovacuum BC is concerned, I think it requires the modification of stress formulation to handle the BC coupling in B components which is not yet finished -- let's discuss it off-line.

Best.
Aleks