[Nek5000-users] velocity spikes at the corner each process sub-domain

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 10 03:31:50 CST 2015

Hi neks,
I'm using nek5000 with the low-mach approximation and the CVODE implicit
ode solver for a simple one step combustion problem in 2D configuration.
I have two issue:

a) During a parallel run using 24 or less processors on a UNIX system, I
have big velocity spikes at the corner each process sub-domain. In serial
runs this is not present using the same mpi compilers ( I'm using
openmpi-1.5.3).

b) I'm not able to insert a zero-thickness insulated wall in the domain,
species seem to penetrate and diffuse into it. I use genbox for the mesh
and the conditions at the block boundaries I used are the following: W for
the velocity and I for tempreature and scalars.

Any suggestion will be great!

Regards

Pasquale