[Nek5000-users] Newby's question: Inflow IC / BC from external file

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 12 11:36:13 CDT 2015

Hi,
thank you for your answer.

Actually, I'd need something more: I would like to use as inflow a
streamwise corner flow boundary layer velocity field, of which there exist
a self-similar solution.
https://digital.library.adelaide.edu.au/dspace/bitstream/2440/56317/8/02chapters1-5.pdf
At the moment I've tried to use an approximate analytical solution, of
which I'm unsatisfied, and to modify the blasius.usr provided within the
examples in order to compute my bc directly inside Nek, but I had some bad
times with element numbering.

Since I would like to have a more general tool, I would like to know how to
read from an external file a stationary velocity field and to properly
assign it as a boundary / initial condition. I've read that "doing that in
serial, it's straightforward", but I really can't get how do to that.

Thank you for your help

Sincerely

Francesco